8 Ways to Slow the Aging Process
As people age, it’s natural to experience thinner, drier skin and an increase in wrinkles and other signs of aging. However, your environment and lifestyle choices can sometimes cause your skin to age prematurely. To prevent premature skin aging, the team at Peninsula Aesthetics recommend these 8 ways to slow the aging process. Whether you’re in your 20s or 50s, the earlier you act to protect your skin the better.
1. Slip, slop, slap! Protect your skin from the sun every day. Whether spending a day at the beach or running errands, sun protection is essential. Aspect Sun Physical Sun Protection SPF 50+ is a very high protection mineral sunscreen cream that has been specially developed to provide broad spectrum UVA and UVB SPF 50+ from the sun. Formulated with 22.7% Zinc Oxide to protect and help minimise the harsh ageing effects of UV exposure, while the addition of Glycerin works to boost moisture levels in the skin. Invisible on the skin with a barely there feel. https://peninsulaaesthetics.com.au/product/physical-sun-protection-spf50-75g/
2. If you smoke, stop. Smoking greatly speeds up how quickly skin ages. It causes wrinkles and a dull, sallow complexion.
3. Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet. Findings from a few studies suggest that eating plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables may help prevent damage that leads to premature skin aging. Findings from research studies also suggest that a diet containing lots of sugar or other refined carbohydrates can accelerate aging.
4. Drink less alcohol. Alcohol is rough on the skin. It dehydrates the skin, and in time, damages the skin. This can make us look older.
5. Cleanse and hydrate your skin. If you’re in your 20s we suggest you start with a mild skin routine such as our Clear Skin Kit https://peninsulaaesthetics.com.au/product/clear-skin-kit/ or Aspect Essentials Kit https://peninsulaaesthetics.com.au/product/aspect-essentials-kit/ . If your skin is already showing signs of aging we suggest our Dr Aspect Age Management Kit https://peninsulaaesthetics.com.au/product/dr-aspect-age-management-kit/ or Aspect Skin Age Management Kit https://peninsulaaesthetics.com.au/product/aspect-skin-age-management-kit/ .
6. Apply a facial moisturizer every day. Moisturizer traps water in our skin, giving it a more youthful appearance. An option like Hydra A Plus is your luxurious, lotion like Vitamin A complex. Featuring a collection of hydrators coupled with a unique blend of retinols to target signs of aging, while protecting the skin’s moisture barrier function. https://peninsulaaesthetics.com.au/product/hydra-a-plus-15g/
7. Target fine lines early before they set into deep creases. At Peninsula Aesthetics we provide AntiWrinkle Injections to create a softer fresher look which will enhance your natural beauty. Anti-Wrinkle injections involve a series of small injections in order to weaken the chosen muscle. The most commonly injected areas are the forehead, frown, crows feet around the eyes. Other areas that are commonly requested are for smokers lines, bunny lines on the nose, dimpled chin and eye brow lift. Anti-Wrinkle Injections can start to take effect from 3-4 days and takes up to 2 weeks to take full effect and last up to 3-4 months. https://peninsulaaesthetics.com.au/book-now/
8. Dermal fillers help to diminish facial lines and restore volume and fullness in the face. As we age, our faces naturally lose subcutaneous fat. The facial muscles are then working closer to the skin surface, so smile lines and crow’s feet become more apparent. The facial skin also stretches a bit, adding to this loss of facial volume. Other factors that affect the facial skin include sun exposure, heredity and lifestyle. What dermal fillers can do is Plump thin lips, Enhance shallow contours, Soften facial creases and wrinkles, Improve the appearance of recessed scars, Reconstruct contour deformities in the face, Decrease or remove the shadow of the lower lids. Dermal fillers can be very helpful in those with early signs of aging, or as a value-added part of facial rejuvenation surgery. https://peninsulaaesthetics.com.au/book-now/
Book a Consultation Today
Alysha and her expert team provide dermal filler treatments to improve the appearance of remove the appearance of fine lines and prevent wrinkles setting in deep lines. Booking a consultation is the best way to determine the right treatment for you. https://peninsulaaesthetics.com.au/contact/
For more information please read our blog on Product Recommendations – https://peninsulaaesthetics.com.au/product-recommendations-for-common-skin-problems-skin-protection/, and how to look after your anti-wrinkle injections – https://peninsulaaesthetics.com.au/looking-after-your-lip-filler-and-anti-wrinkle-injections-a-clients-experience-by-emily-a/